The Junior League of Birmingham recognizes that mental and physical health care education, access, and delivery are fundamental to the community’s well-being. Healthy children and adults are better able to learn and work productively. We believe preventive health care and healthy lifestyle choices are critical components of individuals overall health. The Junior League of Birmingham, therefore, is committed to developing, implementing, and supporting initiatives that and accomplish the following:
The Junior League of Birmingham has dedicated 220 volunteers and $131,700 to these projects. (Dollar amount does not include Project FIT Kids, Choral Group or Project Yummy)
Living Healthy for Women and Children – Promote healthy lifestyles through fitness, proper nutrition, and avoiding unhealthy choices and behavior.
- The Exceptional Foundation – Enrichment Activities
- * Junior League of Birmingham – Aging Community Program
- Junior League of Birmingham – Choral Group
- Junior League of Birmingham – Project Yummy
- Junior League of Birmingham – Project FIT Kids
- Meals on Wheels of Central Alabama – Meals on Wheels
- NorthStar Youth Ministries – Soccer Club U6 Program
- Vineyard Family Services – Backpack Buddies
Maternal Health & Infant Well-Being – Improve the quality, availability, and affordability of maternal and infant health educational materials, programs, and services.
- Mothers’ Milk Bank of Alabama – Milk Bank
- Junior League of Birmingham – Diaper Bank
Access to Health, Care, & Support for Women and Children – Increase access to affordable, quality health screenings, preventive health care resources, and/or support services for individuals and their families who have suffered a health crisis.
- * Birmingham Chapter of AMBUCS – AmTryke
- Children’s of Alabama – Family Fun Times
- Children’s Harbor – Prime Time and Weekends
- Junior League of Birmingham – Essentials Pantry
- Junior League of Birmingham – Second Servings Program
- Magic Moments – Magic Moments Fulfillment
- * UAB’s Alys Stephens Performing Arts Center – Institute for Arts in Medicine
- UAB Pediatric Hematology & Oncology Clinic – Every Moment Matters
* Indicates new project for 2018-2019.