The Junior League of Birmingham recognizes improving health outcomes and overall well-being is fundamental to creating a vibrant community to live, learn, work, worship and play. Healthy children and adults are better able to learn and work productively. We believe preventive health care and healthy lifestyle choices are critical components of an individual’s overall health. We are currently supporting initiatives in mental and physical health care education, access, and delivery.
The Junior League of Birmingham has dedicated 187 volunteers and $158,300 to these projects. Dollar and volunteer amounts do not include JLB Project Yummy.
- Children’s Harbor Family Center – Prime Time & Weekends
- Children’s of Alabama – Family Fun Times
- Community Partnership of Alabama – Meals on Wheels
- * Crisis Center, Inc. – Senior Talk
- Greater Birmingham Area Chapter of AMBUCS – AmTryke
- Junior League of Birmingham – Aging Community Program
- Junior League of Birmingham – Choral Group
- Junior League of Birmingham – Diaper Bank
- Junior League of Birmingham – Essentials Pantry
- Junior League of Birmingham – Project FIT Kids
- Magic Moments – Magic Moments Fulfillment
- Mothers’ Milk Bank – Nourish Alabama Babies
- NorthStar Youth Ministries – Soccer Club U6 Program
- The Exceptional Foundation – Enrichment Activities
- UAB’s Alys Stephens Performing Arts Center – Institute for Arts in Medicine
- Vineyard Family Services – Backpack Buddies
* Indicates new project for 2019-2020.