The Junior League of Birmingham recognizes that mental and physical health care education, access, and delivery are fundamental to the community’s well-being. Healthy children and adults are better able to learn and work productively. We believe preventive health care and healthy lifestyle choices are critical components of individuals overall health. The Junior League of Birmingham, therefore, is committed to developing, implementing, and supporting initiatives that and accomplish the following:
The Junior League of Birmingham has dedicated 168 volunteers and $88,500 to these projects. (Dollar amount does not include Project FIT Kids, Choral Group or Project Yummy)
Living Healthy for Women and Children – Promote healthy lifestyles through fitness, proper nutrition, and avoiding unhealthy choices and behavior.
- Exceptional Foundation – Enrichment Activities
- Jefferson County Council on Aging – Meals on Wheels
- Norwood Resource Center – Norwood Learning Garden
- Junior League of Birmingham – Choral Group
- Junior League of Birmingham – Project Yummy
- Junior League of Birmingham – Project FIT Kids
- Vineyard Family Services – Backpack Buddies
Maternal Health & Infant Well-Being – Improve the quality, availability, and affordability of maternal and infant health educational materials, programs, and services.
- Mother’s Milk Bank of Alabama – Milk Bank
- *Junior League of Birmingham – Diaper Bank
Access to Health, Care, & Support for Women and Children – Increase access to affordable, quality health screenings, preventive health care resources, and/or support services for individuals and their families who have suffered a health crisis.
- Children’s Harbor – Prime Time and Weekends
- Children’s Hospital – Family Fun Times
- Focus on Recovery – Art as Therapy for Children of Recovering Addicts
- *Junior League of Birmingham – Second Helpings Steering Committee
- Magic Moments – Magic Moments Fulfillment
- UAB Pediatric Hematology & Oncology Clinic – Every Moment Matters
* Indicates new project for 2016-2017