The Junior League of Birmingham recognizes improving health outcomes and overall well-being is fundamental to creating a vibrant community to live, learn, work, worship and play. Healthy children and adults are better able to learn and work productively. We believe preventive health care and healthy lifestyle choices are critical components of an individual’s overall health. We are currently supporting initiatives in mental and physical health care education, access, and delivery.
The Junior League of Birmingham has dedicated 253 volunteers and $151,821 to these projects.
- Children’s of Alabama – Family Fun Times
- Children’s Policy Cooperative – Family Reunification & Safe Connections Program
- Collat Jewish Family Services – Senior Grocery Delivery Initiative
- Community Food Bank of Central Alabama – Mobile Food Pantry
- Crisis Center – Senior Talk Line
- *Founders Place at St. Luke’s – Founders Place
- Junior League of Birmingham – Choral Group
- Junior League of Birmingham – Diaper Bank
- Junior League of Birmingham – Essentials Pantry
- Junior League of Birmingham – Project FIT Kids
- Junior League of Birmingham – Second Servings
- Magic Moments – Magic Moments Fulfillment
- Meals on Wheels of Central Alabama – Meals on Wheels
- Mothers’ Milk Bank – Nourish Alabama Babies
- NorthStar Youth Ministries – Soccer Club U6 Program
- The Exceptional Foundation – Enrichment Activities
- UAB Visual and Performing Arts – Institute for Arts in Medicine
- Vineyard Family Services – Backpack Buddies
* Indicates new project for 2021-2022.