2017.2018 Deadline – Friday, September 1, 2017, 4 pm
All submissions must be on 8 ½” x 11” double-spaced, single sided pages of 11 or 12 pt font type.
I. Cover Page Information (two page maximum)
- Agency name
- Contact person/title
- Contact person’s phone number and email address
- Agency website address
- Agency mission statement
- Year agency founded
- 501(c)(3) status
- Major programs
- Impact areas of agency
- Total funds being requested and whether request is for a single or multi-year request. If multi-year request, please specify the amount requested for each year and total number of years, not to exceed three (3) years.
- List any funds agency is currently receiving from JLB in any capacity
- List any Beeson funds received from the JLB or any other organization, specifying when, from whom, and in what amount
- List anyone in your organization affiliated with the JLB
- Please attach a list of your Board of Directors and members of your Junior Board
II. Project Description (three page maximum)
- Name of project and brief description including the following:
- What is project’s purpose/mission?
- How does this project fit within the mission of the JLB?
- How will the community benefit from this project?
- Who is target population? What percentage served are low to moderate income?
- Where will the program be conducted?
- What are the project’s objectives/goals? What specific project activities will accomplish these goals and how success will be measured?
- What is timeline for project? Will it be ongoing?
- What are project’s existing and potential future funding sources?
- Key personnel and their qualifications
- List any other community agencies involved with this project or with whom you collaborate
- If your agency were to receive a JLB Beeson grant, how would you promote its collaboration with the JLB? Would your agency wish to be publicized by the JLB?
III. Financial Information
- Total project cost and itemized budget
- Agency operating budget summary, including salaries
- Status of financial requests for this project from other organizations
IV. Additional Information for Applicants
- Please note that the grant application must be signed and dated by the Executive Director and the Chairman of the Board.
The Beeson Committee will fund no more than seventy-five (75%) of the grant prior to a site visit by a member of the Beeson Committee and the receipt of documentation from the grantee evidencing expenditure of the allocated funds. The remaining twenty-five (25%) of the grant amount will be retained until the Beeson Committee receives a report on the project. Agencies that do not submit a progress report by May 15, 2018 or a final report within a year of grant distribution will risk forfeiture of remaining funds granted to their project.
Mail completed applications and all copies or drop off by the JLB building at the address below:
Beeson Community Fund Chair
Junior League of Birmingham
2212 Twentieth Avenue South
Birmingham, Alabama 35223
DEADLINE – 4 pm Friday, September 1, 2017