Thank you for your interest in joining the Junior League of Birmingham!
The Junior League of Birmingham has been promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women, and improving the community since 1922.
If you would like more information, please join us for an upcoming Candidate Information Session:
Thursday, November 8, 2018 – 6:30 p.m.
Thursday, December 6, 2018 – 11:30 a.m. (*Maynard, Cooper & Gale)
Wednesday, January 9, 2019 – 11:30 a.m.
Thursday, January 17, 2019 – 6:30 p.m.
*Unless noted all sessions will be held at:
2212 20th Avenue South, 35223
Please note: Lunch or light refreshments will be served starting 30 minutes prior to each session.
In order to apply for membership into the Junior League of Birmingham, you must fulfill the following requirements:
- Complete the Candidate Application by Friday, February 1, 2019.
- Pay the $25 Application Fee by Friday, February 1, 2019.
- Have Sponsors complete the Sponsor Form by Friday, February 1, 2019.
- Obtain THREE (3) Sponsors:
- One Active – 2nd Year Active or higher
- One Sustainer
- Your third Sponsor can be either an Active (2nd Year Active or higher) OR a Sustainer
- Attend ONE (1) Candidate Information Session (see above for dates and locations)
- Must be 23 years old by September 1, 2019
- Must live within Birmingham admission area by September 1, 2019
If you would like to receive information concerning dates, materials and deadlines for the 2019-2020 Provisional Class, please sign-up here. Please find additional information in the JLB Admissions Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
If you have any questions, feel free to directly email Kathryn Bushby, 2018-2019 Admissions Chair.
*Please contact Amber Richie, Membership and Administrative coordinator, concerning transferring your membership to the JLB.