The Junior League of Birmingham recognizes safety and crisis intervention as an integral factor of the well-being of our community. We believe prevention, preparedness, and readiness are critical to ensuring successful response and intervention regardless of the situation. The Junior League of Birmingham, therefore, is committed to developing, implementing, and supporting initiatives that address and accomplish the following:
The Junior League of Birmingham has committed 115 volunteers and $59,300 allocated to these causes. Dollar amount does not include Corps of Volunteers.
Domestic Violence – Improve the quality, availability, and affordability of educational materials, resources, and services that foster environments free from negligence, violence, and safety hazards.
- Crisis Center – Rape Response Advocate Program
- YWCA – Children in Crisis
Juvenile Crime – Promote risk-avoiding behavior among youths and/or intervention strategies that reduce the occurrence of juvenile crime.
- * Children’s Policy Cooperative – Family Reunification Program
- Junior League of Birmingham – Anti-Human Trafficking Program
Emergency and Disaster Relief – Provide emergency transitional support to women and children suffering from a disaster or safety crisis, and/or promote intervention strategies, emergency plans, and other efforts that mitigate the damages of women and children suffering from a disaster and/or safety crisis.
- Community Food Bank – Mobile Food Pantry
- Junior League of Birmingham – Corps of Volunteers
* Indicates new project for 2018-2019.