ADVANCING EDUCATION & CULTURE
The Junior League of Birmingham believes that education is the foundation to achieve one’s full potential and all children should have access to a quality education that sparks and unlocks that potential. We also believe all individuals should have the opportunity to develop cultural competence by learning history, values, beliefs, and perspectives of people from different backgrounds. We are currently supporting initiatives that promote literacy, success in school, and school readiness.
The Junior League of Birmingham has dedicated 59 volunteers and $35,600 to these projects.
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens – Can You Dig It?
- Cornerstone Schools of Alabama – Taking Steps for Success
- Girls, Inc. of Central Alabama – Teen Leadership Program
- The Literacy Council – Teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages
- Youth Leadership Forum – YLF Logistics Committee
* Indicates new project for 2022-2023.