The Junior League of Birmingham believes that education is the foundation to achieve one’s full potential and all children should have access to a quality education that sparks and unlocks that potential. We also believe all individuals should have the opportunity to develop cultural competence by learning history, values, beliefs, and perspectives of people from different backgrounds. We are currently supporting initiatives that promote literacy, success in school, and school readiness.
The Junior League of Birmingham has dedicated 71 volunteers and $82,500 to these projects.
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens – Can You Dig It?
- *Bridgeways: Links Up Mentoring
- Cornerstone Schools of Alabama – Taking Steps for Success
- Girls, Inc. of Central Alabama – Teen Leadership Program
- *¡HICA!: ESL Classes for Hispanic Applicants for Naturalization
- Junior League of Birmingham: Birmingham City Schools Career Cafes
- Junior League of Birmingham: Choral Group
- Junior League of Birmingham: Little Leaguers
- Junior League of Birmingham: Public Affairs
* Indicates new project for 2023-2024.