The Junior League of Birmingham believes that education is the foundation to achieve one’s full potential and all children should have access to a quality education that sparks and unlocks that potential. We also believe all individuals should have the opportunity to develop cultural competence by learning history, values, beliefs, and perspectives of people from different backgrounds. We are currently supporting initiatives that promote literacy, success in school, and school readiness.
The Junior League of Birmingham has dedicated 101 volunteers and $93,150 to these projects. Dollar amount does not include SAIL.
- JLB/Better Basics – Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens – Can You Dig It?
- Birmingham Children’s Theatre From Page to Stage – Readers’ Theatre
- Birmingham Education Foundation – Work Local
- Birmingham Public Library – Family Place Library
- Cornerstone Schools of Alabama – Taking Steps for Success
- Girls, Inc. of Central Alabama – Teen Leadership Program
- Girl Scouts of North-Central AL – Girl Scouts Super Troup
- Junior League of Birmingham – Positive Behavior Incentive Program
- Preschool Partners – Parent and Children’s Education Program
- Summer Adventures in Learning (SAIL)
- The Literacy Council – ESOL Community Classes
- Vulcan Park and Museum – Learning Adventures Field Trips
- Youth Leadership Forum – YLF Logistics Committee