The Junior League of Birmingham believes that education is the foundation to achieve one’s full potential and all children should have access to a quality education that sparks and unlocks that potential. We also believe all individuals should have the opportunity to develop cultural competence by learning history, values, beliefs, and perspectives of people from different backgrounds. We are currently supporting initiatives that promote literacy, success in school, and school readiness.
The Junior League of Birmingham has dedicated 97 volunteers and $92,100 to these projects.
- Better Basics – Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens – Can You Dig It?
- Birmingham Children’s Theatre – From Page to Stage
- Birmingham Education Foundation – Educate Local
- Cornerstone Schools of Alabama – Taking Steps for Success
- Girls, Inc. of Central Alabama – Teen Leadership Program
- Girl Scouts of North-Central AL – Girl Scouts Super Troup
- Junior League of Birmingham – Positive Behavior Incentive Program
- *McWane Science Center – Kitchen Service Community Program
- Preschool Partners – Parent and Children’s Education Program
- The Literacy Council – ESOL Community Classes
- Vulcan Park and Museum – Learning Adventures Field Trips
- Youth Leadership Forum – YLF Logistics Committee
- *Youth Serve – Community Service Project Coordinators Program
* Indicates new project for 2020-2021.