The Junior League of Birmingham believes that education is the foundation to achieve one’s full potential and all children should have access to a quality education that sparks and unlocks that potential. We also believe all individuals should have the opportunity to develop cultural competence by learning history, values, beliefs, and perspectives of people from different backgrounds. We are currently supporting initiatives that promote literacy, success in school, and school readiness.
The Junior League of Birmingham has dedicated 86 volunteers and $46,000 to these projects.
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens – Can You Dig It?
- *Birmingham Talks – LENA Start (Parent Education Groups)
- Cornerstone Schools of Alabama – Taking Steps for Success
- Girls, Inc. of Central Alabama – Teen Leadership Program
- Junior League of Birmingham – Leadership Institute
- Junior League of Birmingham – Community Roundtables
- McWane Science Center – Kitchen Science Community Program
- The Literacy Council – Teaching English for Speakers of Other Languages
- Youth Leadership Forum – YLF Logistics Committee
- Youth Serve – Community Service Project Coordinators Program
* Indicates new project for 2021-2022.