The Junior League of Birmingham believes that all individuals deserve a quality education and the opportunity to acquire the knowledge and skills needed to achieve their potential and be fully developed, productive individuals. We believe success in school depends upon emotional, physical, social, and intellectual readiness to learn. The Junior League of Birmingham, therefore, is committed to developing, implementing, and supporting initiatives that address and accomplish the following:
The Junior League of Birmingham has dedicated 116 volunteers and $98,600 to these projects.
School Readiness – Improve the educational readiness and the first learning experiences of young children (ages 0-5 yrs).
- Birmingham Public Library – Family Place Library
- Preschool Partners – Parent and Children’s Education Program
Women and Children’s Literacy – Promote and improve literacy among women and children.
- Better Basics – Birmingham Reads
- * The Literacy Council – ESOL Community Classes
Success in School – Prepare elementary students to succeed in later grades and, subsequently, graduate from high school.
- Birmingham Botanical Gardens – Can You Dig It?
- Birmingham Children’s Theatre From Page to Stage – Readers’ Theatre
- * Cornerstone Schools of Alabama – Taking Steps for Success
- Girls, Inc. – Teen Leadership
- Junior League of Birmingham – Positive Behavior Incentive Program
- Neighborhood Academy – Summer Learning
- Youth Leadership Forum YLF Logistics Committee
- Vulcan Park and Museum – Learning Adventures Field Trips
* Indicates new project for 2018-2019