JLB COOKBOOKS - CLASSIC AND CONTEMPORARY
With each new League year, we continue to rely on and be excited about our 3 classic cookbooks, which raise money to support the JLB's projects. Who could resist the beautiful Tables of Content, which is filled with irresistible recipes and which has received 6 awards (see below).
Food for Thought, named the Official Cookbook of Birmingham by the Birmingham Chamber of Commerce, is loaded with delicious dishes that have become Southern classics.
And everyone loves the classic cookbook, Magic, which has been a staple in our moms' kitchens and ours for many years. Dust off those JLB cookbooks and try out the great menu ideas on the "Recipes" link on this page.
If you are missing a cookbook, please stop by the JLB Gift Shop to pick one up. The Gift Shop stocks all of the JLB's cookbooks as well as cookbooks from other leagues.
Located just inside the front door of the League building, the Gift Shop is open on Monday through Friday from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. and Monday & Tuesday evenings from 5 to 8 p.m. While in the JLB Gift Shop, you won't be able to resist the other fabulous cookbooks from other Junior Leagues as well as other wonderful gift items that make your kitchen and home complete.
- Favorite Recipes Press 2008 Cookbook Awards - Winner
- 17th Annual TABASCO® Community Cookbook Awards - South Regional Winner
- The Eric Hoffer Awards for Independent Books - Winner in the Home Category
- National Indie Excellence 2007 Book Awards - Winner in the Cookbook Category
- USA Book News National Best Book Awards 2007 - Finalist in the General Cookbook Category
- ForeWord Magazine 2006 Book Awards - Finalist in the Cooking Category